Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cautiously Optimistic

Tomorrow Nate and I will drive into Dallas to see a new pediatrician. This is a test visit to see if we will transfer all of our children's care to him. Recently our old pedi dismissed us from her practice. If feel its unethical of her to see my children for 3 years then suddenly leave them without care esp my youngest who has asthma and my middle who has seizures.

I can't say I'm looking forward to going to yet another doctor,but not providing my children with medical care would be negligent at best. 

I am hopeful that he dosen't always see the answer in a pill. I'm not against medication :) At times, such as when my little one can't breathe, I thank god that it is available. I just hope that he is willing to help me find ways to Prevent the symptoms from showing up instead of just treating them as they do. I hope that questioning any proposed treatment will not only be allowed but encouraged.

Is that really to much to ask out of a doctor?

No comments:

Post a Comment